- On 23 March 2020, the State Disaster Declaration was approved by the State Disaster Coordinator (QLD), this declaration includes the restriction of access and entry into Torres Shire from Mainland Australia.
- Only essential travel will be permitted to Torres Shire Council; exceptions to this restriction are Emergency Services, Essential Services, Health related activities, and approved providers for the provision of food, fuel and other essential services.
- All access will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- TO ENTER THE TORRES SHIRE THIS FORM MUST BE FIRST COMPLETED AND APPROVED PRIOR TO DEPARTURE.
- POLICE OR AUTHORISED OFFICERS WILL CHECK DOCUMENTATION AT CAIRNS AIRPORT PRIOR TO DEPARTURE AND HORN ISLAND ON ARRIVAL
- Torres Shire Council will endeavour to respond to all applications as soon as possible.
- Your approved permit will be emailed to the email address nominated in this form.
To ensure that we receive this request - please completed ALL PAGES OF THE FORM. You will know you have completed the form when you have successfully clicked on the 'SUBMIT' button on the final page and receive a reference number on the screen.
You will also receive an email confirmation on your transaction. If you have not received an email you may not have submitted the form correctly, please try again, or contact the council.
NB: This form has multiple pages - Please press next at the bottom of the pages.