Development Applications subject to public notification
Public notification is required to be undertaken for impact assessable applications.
During the public notification period, the community can make submissions about a development application to the assessment manager (Torres Shire Council), who will consider the submission when making their decision.
The submissions must be ‘properly made’.
A ‘properly made’ submission must:
- Be made to the assessment manager (Torres Shire Council)
- Be signed by each person who made the submission
- Be received by Torres Shire Council during the formal public notification period
- State the name and residential or business street address of each person who made the submission
- State one postal or electronic address for Council to send correspondence to
- State what aspects of the proposed development you support or oppose and why, using facts and circumstances
To submit, you can;
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post to PO Box 171 Thursday Island
Drop in to Torres Council office at 68 Douglas Street, Thursday Island